Pearls of Wisdoms and Mindless Rants


Everything hear is subject to change depending on life, mood, and alcoholic intake.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Yawnsense

How many times have you heard a person you consider to be exceptionally ignorant talk about how stupid people are? Me, too. But I don't sweat hypocrisy. It's perfectly normal behavior…rationale most often occuring as a desperate countermeasure deployed after the fact. Act instinctually, then scramble for some kind of reason. That's how it typically goes—especially if you're one of those twenty-somethings with your barstool psychology that insists on explaining the living crap out of everything.

"See, I think the reason that I whatever is because when I was a kid, my dad used to cut a hole in my ribs and bang it and ever since then I’ve had this thing about EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and sorry I freaked dude I’m so glad we had this talk right on."

The majority of us like to believe that we're in some minority as intelligent, well-meaning and honorable folk. We like to believe that everybody else is stupid, selfish, malicious, conniving and careless. But most everybody else believes the very same thing. By definition, then, it stands to reason that most of us are sorely mistaken.

And that's the whole problem with the 'Us versus Them' mentality…there is no 'them'.

This is why I have to laugh when I hear people talk about taking "the high road". Yeah. I tried that once. There was nobody else on it and I was bored to fucking tears. Seems to me it's primarily only used when one wants to create an illusion of superiority and invincibility. It's a complete farce, like some shithead going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how such and such doesn't bother them.

Right. Then shut the hell up, already.

I'll still use it every now and then if a situation calls for sheer obstinacy, but mostly I prefer to talk shit and am okay with being a creep like everybody else, only not because I won't sit here and pretend like I'm not a judgmental prick which I guess puts me in one of those minorities, too only not and now I’m getting confused, so bye.

Posted by MrV :: 2:50 AM :: |
---------------oOo---------------