Pearls of Wisdoms and Mindless Rants


Everything hear is subject to change depending on life, mood, and alcoholic intake.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fuck Me With a Chainsaw

So I pull up to the gas station today as my 2001 Jeep Wrangler (six cylinder) with a 15 gallon gas tank, is a bit thirsty. Well more than a bit thirsty. The low on gas dash light had been on the last 20 miles.

Today at my local stop and rob gas station, gas was at a meager $2.83 a gallon. Hell I am made of money $2.83 a gallon is chump change to me. Oh by the way I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale as well.

As I pump the gas into my truck, I am standing there looking at the dollar amount grow and grow, and grow. The final grand total, was $59.24, FUCK ME WITH A CHAINSAW! Stuffed 15 full gallons in that bastard.

Now I can usually get by on a tank and a half of gas a week. ( I have quite a comute to work)Now for you liberals, who have trouble with math, that is $59.24 dollars, plus that sum divided by two, for a grand total of $88.86 dollars for a weeks worth of gas. At these prices, times 4.33 the average number of weeks in a month for a total monthly gas bill of $384.76 dollars. Or to make matters even worse at today's prices, or until Akmad raises the prices overnight, that would be $4,617.16 a year in gas. Oh, for you liberals that is the $384.76 dollars a month, times 12 for the number months.

Ok, so we start tomorrow on an alternative fuel for today's cars. It will take 10+ years to get a car that gets good economic mileage and is practical in everyday use. However, there is one objection I have. I don't want to drive around in some small itty bitty car that I have to be shoe horned into to, or die in, when I get hit by some kid on a skateboard.

I look at the little Toyota Prius and I think to myself, how in the world would I ever get all my shit into the little car? I mean, I used to have an RC (Radio Controlled) truck that was bigger than today’s hybrid cars.

So while I am all for finding cheaper alternatives for fuel, there is no way in hell I am going to sacrifice my personal safety and drive some soda can on wheels for better gas mileage. Not only that, but it isn't practical to drive some under powered little car that I can't even do my daily activities with. Can those little cars tow a trailer, ummm, probably not. Can they carry shop equipment, ummm, probably not. Can they get run over by a kid leaving school on his bicycle, ummm, probably so.

On the flip side, when I paid my gas bill today, I know that in some foreign middle eastern country somewhere, there is a poor Sheik that is struggling to make ends meet. He is probably debating whether or not to install a solid 24 karat gold toilet seat or just get the diamond, emerald and sapphire toilet seat, with the automatic ass warmer for those cold mornings.

Now where do I sign for that loan at?

Posted by MrV :: 8:19 AM :: |
---------------oOo---------------