Pearls of Wisdoms and Mindless Rants


Everything hear is subject to change depending on life, mood, and alcoholic intake.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Bla Bla fucking Bla

So yesterday was my birthday, no big deal just another day. It's funny how time changes your perspective on certain dates and times. Take my kid for example; screw Christmas, Easter, and all that shit, her favorite day of the year is her birthday....Or her birthday party to be more correct.

This kid will start planning her next birthday party about five minutes after the present one is done. It friggen amazes me she will plan every friggen detail and talk about that day all friggen year. I guess I was that way when I was a kid, I just don't remember it. My daughters child like innocence is perhaps one of the greatest enjoyment of my adult life.

As for my birthday...Big fucking deal. The wife went out of town for some big shine dig over on the coast and married life as caused me to drift away from most of my single friends. Other than a bottle of Makers Mark and a few cards from some well wishers my birthday haul was a little bland. I spent my birthday mowing the yard at my in-laws (who still happen to be out of town) and that night drinking at the local bar. It's funny how everybody thinks they are a kareokee super star after a few drinks. All in all it was a dull night. Although I did get a little pre birthday hurrah while we where in new York which will defiantly go down in the book of memories.

Other than rambling I guess I just find it interesting how over ones life the birthday can morph from one of the most important days of the yea to Just another day.... then again maybe it's jsut me.

Posted by MrV :: 7:15 AM :: |
---------------oOo---------------